Sunday, August 28, 2011

Finally ..........It's OVER

Yesterday, had to be the most hottest, tiring, and funnest ( is "funnest" a word? hmmm...) day ever. We had our kids 3 & 4th birthday party (WHOOOO!!!) over at our wonderful friend's place, where we set up a huge jumper and water slide jumper thing that all of the kids friends and some adults ( including my hubby) enjoyed, slipping and sliding all the way down to a big cooled pool water and not to leave the little ones out, we had a little waiting pool, and for the big kids at heart, our friend opened up their own pool for our guest to use ( awwwww...). Any who, prior to the party. I, Merry Jones, was busy planning and getting everything ready at 7pm, Friday night. There was paper cuts, and streamers, and oven on at 350 degrees baking away cakes, and cupcakes ( making our apartment into one huge Sauna, it was literally 91 degrees inside our place. I was not a happy baker >:( ) powdered sugar, flour dust everywhere, cake crumbs, and food dye all over my hands and floor.....oh my goodness it was just one big mess in my kitchen. Around 2 am, I started making Bridgette's Cinderella's Cake:

Totally forgot to take a back and front photo of the cake but thanks to my hubby's phone, he manage to take a quick picture ( so those who took back and front photo of the cakes please email me them...thank you so much)
and at 5 am, I started Skylar's Car's Cake:

As you can tell, I was pretty beat and totally didn't finish Lightening McQueen. But if you squint your eyes a little and pretend that Lightening McQueen is changing his tires... then hey there's Lightening McQueen!!

And by 7 am, I started doing four different type of cupcakes, we had butterfinger (forgot the crushed buttefinger at home), snickers, almond joy (forgot the almond and the chocolate gnache)and pina colada ( forgot the cherries) and by 9:30 the hubby called and said " Hun, I don't know where to put all the decoration, I don't know where you want me to put things could you come here and do this?! At this time I wish there was two of me...and that's why there were so many things forgotten. Super Woman had everything all set up: the cake and cupcakes were chilling upstairs so they won't melt before the guest arrive. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, cotton candy, chips and dip, veggies and fruit, salad (that my wonderful sis-in-law made...it was delish!! thanks Krista) and cold beverages that was just perfect on a hot day(thanks to my lovely mother-in-law Kathy, who by the way got splashed by my hubby coming down the water slide) and thanks to my awesome friends ( Michelle and Liane) who helped me frost all those cupcakes...because honestly if you seen me there, I was running around with my head cut off trying to make sure everything was running smoothly... Which I heard the party was the talk of the town... :) <-- BIG SMILES... Soon after everyone had left, I, yes I went down the water slide and it felt in the words of Tony the Tiger, " Its GREEEAATT!!!". I'm so glad that our kids and everyone had a great time. SO all my hard work and efforts and a few help from the wonderful people in life, had help me pull this party off perfectly to end the summer.(CRRRAPPPP!!!!...totally forgot to take pictures at the party) smh...

1 comment:

  1. You truly are Super mom Merry! Sounds like it was a blast and I am so glad that you got a chance to slide down too :) I would have paid to see that, ha ha! Miss you girl!

    ReplyDelete