Tuesday, August 23, 2011

In Over My Head

Yikes, what have I gotten myself into? This Saturday, is our kids birthday party and we rented a water-slide jumper combo and have invited over 80 people (This includes the kids' parents and the rest of siblings that belongs to Skylar and Bridgette's Class). So we're thinking of how much food to buy and what games to do that entertain little kids along with the bigger kids (meaning the parents ;)) What's wrong with that you ask? Well both of my kids want their own cake. Skylar wants a Disney's Pixar Cars Cake and of course it can't be a "yucky cake" as Skylar specifically told me. And Miss Bridgette's wants her Disney's Princess's cake or "oh have mercy!" will she have a fit. (which all will have to be done Friday night, otherwise the fondant and the cake inside would not taste as good) AND.....on Friday night, I have to do 100 cupcakes, make sandwiches (for the kids that don't like hot dogs or hamburgers) and make dips for all the chips and veggies. On top of all this we're moving into a new place the 1st of the month and I have two cake orders to do the first week of September. I don't know if that's enough time to unpack all my stuff and get my baking on? So again I think I'm in over my head. But like always, I have to put on my cape (I'm wearing the Super Woman outfit under my clothes)and make it all happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment